YOUR ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Abdulla Alawadi & Associates is currently looking for an experienced DIFC attorney/solicitor with strong western academic credentials to join its legal team. The candidate will be inducted as a partner and will be reporting directly to the Chairman, the successful candidate will be based in Dubai with a core focus on DIFC Court. The role will involve executive engagement, litigation, arbitration, negotiating, drafting, and analyzing a wide variety of cases as well as leading and collaborating with Abdulla Alawadi & Associates and other legal team members in and across other jurisdictions.
The successful candidate has to lead cases and represent clients in DIFC courts. The candidate has to be fully aware and experienced in DIFC court’s & DIFC – LCIA Arbitration Centre rules with core knowledge of common law. The successful candidate will be responsible for the DIFC Court department at the firm. The successful candidate has to get his data of experience, business, and client-ready for generating new business and cases to the firm.
Candidates must be self-starters, highly experienced in common law, motivated, articulate, demonstrate superior communication, negotiation, drafting, people, and organizational skills, comfortable and confident in dealing directly with all levels of management. Knowledge of common law, DIFC court rules, DIFC – LCIA rules Arbitration Centre, networking, legal services, UAE law experience is a strong plus. The successful candidate will be able to work independently but collaboratively with high energy and a talented team of professionals.
- Common law qualified from a western jurisdiction is a must.
- Admitted attorney/solicitor with 8+ years PQE including local and international law firms experience.
- Admitted and registered practitioner at the DIFC Courts.
- Local UAE law experience a plus and preferred.
- Management experience preferred.
- Regional and cross-border experience preferred.
- Multinational/international legal knowledge and expertise.
- Knowledge of contract law, anti-trust law, company law, labour law, Intellectual Property law, and litigation.
- Ability to negotiate, draft and vet contracts that address complex and difficult issues.
- Ability to generate business for the firm.
- Ability to speak articulately and persuasively to individuals at a senior management level.
- Ability to determine appropriate action/solutions to complex legal and business issues dealing with clients.
- Team management experience is a plus.
- English Fluency is essential & Arabic language is a plus and an advantage.