The team at Abdulla Alawadi and Associates brings expertise and a strong track record across a range of transportation matters, particularly in the fields of shipping and air. The firm’s clients include ship and aircraft owners, charterers, underwriters, and insurers, as well as representatives from aligned industries, such as cargo, logistics, supply chain management, and online support services.
In the shipping sector, the firm’s experience includes advising on:
The firm’s air and air transport practice is also extensive and includes advising on:
- Ship purchase contracts;
- Ship finance transactions;
- Shipping disputes;
- Cargo claims;
- Ship mortgage enforcement;
- Marine torts; and
- Injuries, accidents, and insurance in the context of cargo claims.
Abdulla Alawadi and Associates advises and draft multilingually, offering knowledgeable, constructive, business-minded solutions to complex issues in this sector. The firm also has extensive dealings with the UAE’s regulatory authorities and if able to advise clients on the constant evolution and trends in the global regulatory framework.
The firm’s team is client-focused, accessible, and ready to assist with the client’s transportation sector queries.
- Aircraft leasing and financing;
- Aircraft purchase contracts;
- Syndicated loan agreements for cross-border aircraft financing with related security documentation;
- Fleet-wide maintenance contracts;
- Buyer furnished equipment (BFE) purchase contracts; and
- Restructuring airline companies.